Part 3 of 4. It was really important to reuse as much as possible. If you notice, since all the parts were thumbed at the same time, I could refer back to each parts’ setups very easily!
I’ve been wanting to tell this story for a while, but it was just so big. When I decided to make it as a miniseries, I has to balance how much to put into each episode with the amount of work I could handle to complete it on time…
(click for more detail)
Usually the scripts come out to one page, but this story was a little more involved. That’s ok, it’s all about the story. If it turns out longer, I just pair it with one of the shorter episodes just so I can actually get them done in time.
(click for full size)
This was a long episode. Usually the scripts don’t even get close to a full two pages, but this one was three, and took twice as long! That was always the plan this was my Christmas special episode!
Thanks everyone for sitting through the last couple simple and short episodes so I had enough time to do this one!
Even for the simpler episodes, I make sure that I’m working as economically as I can. You can see, even before I drew anything, I wanted the entire cartoon to take place in two set ups (two camera positions). I got close, it ended up being three..
These occasional “easy” episodes are the only way I can finish the longer ones…